Friday 28 March 2008

My first F1 GrandStand experience...

This is the 2nd time i am watching F1 live...but the 1st time for me to be at the GrandStand mall area!! I still remember last year where i've made a wish...how good if i could watch a race at GrandStand area...but when think of the price of the ticket...it really throw a wrench on my thought...dare not think further. So how come this year so good leh? whether am i suddenly become rich?? Of coz no la...with my lining up diving plans and travel plans...really cannot fork out money la....

Actually 4 of us bought the 2nd cheapest tickets...which is the C2 covered hill stand tickets to watch geh....just 3 days b4 the race and while i am still at Sipadan, my good fren (bibi) told me she managed to get 2 grandstand tickets...1 for me and 1 for housemate...aih...that also give me headache as in whether should i just dump the 3 of them burning under the sun during race day and i comfortably sitting at the mall area? or should i be 'yi hei' enough either all go or no one go??Headache!!

So before i can crack out a solution...my fren sms me again she manage to get total 7 tickets! amazing! so 4 of us all upgrade from covered hill stand to grandstand....and my parents also get the chance to come along. Hahaha...actually there are total 8 of us...but we only got 7 tickets...so we need to play some trick in order to make sure all 8 to go in...and we've succeed!! Bravo!!

The whole family got in....yeah!

The Grandstand experience...
Totally different! We get to see the cars at starting grid, get to taste the maximum straigh line speed of 22 F1 cars! The noise is much intense than hillstand...u can feel that ur seat and the place u're standing is shaking...as it earthquake coming...hahaha

The highlights of coz is get to watch the pricelsee pit stop during race! thats where race can go wrong for drivers! our seat is sitting right in front of Renault and Williams team...and diagonally we can see Mclaren & Ferrari pit....not bad also la... :P

The Ferrari pit garage

Heat over here is not as great as hillstand of coz....got shade ma....view is not as extensive as hillstand though...coz over there u can get a panoramic view of it...

The race...

Starting grid

Williams pit crew in action!

Quite a boring race i would say as there is little accident or incident throughout the race as compared to the last race at Melbourne. The most exciting and thriling part for me would be when Kimi was coming out from his 1st pit stop and manage to stay in front of Massa after the pit...2 cars were just almost side by side! chi kek!

The race results....
As what i've hoped so much...Kimi is the winner! followed by Kubica (BMW) 2nd and Kovalanien (Mclaren) 3rd. I am not a Ferrari fan but a Kimi fan....so i didnt feel any sorry for Massa...hahaha


Kimi...my all time hero...muakzzz....love ya!

No comments: