Wednesday 23 April 2008

The challenge of traveling light >.<~

Being a typical woman in this case, I am seriously having problem to travel light. No matter where I go...I always carry more than what I need in my suitcase....coz if not, I wont feel secured and will start to worry what if I dun have enough of this and what if I need this when I'm there?? ...bla bla bla...lots of reasons and excuses la~~

I've started to pack for my 2 weeks Europe trip since last Sunday....this trip is a backpacking trip...and I've bought a new 80L backpack! My friends, parents and sister were telling me - are u nuts or what? The bag itself is more than half of ur height already...u sure u wan to buy that or not? How are you going to carry it when its fully stuffed with things?? Well...being ignorant and kiasu...of coz I just ignore all those and go ahead with my 80L backpack...and guess wat??? IT'S NOT EVEN ENOUGH!!


So... now...I will need to scratch my head see which items I can leave it behind....and trying to reduce it....uuuu....hard...real hard!No matter how, I must die die fit in all my needed stuff into the backpack...then, my next challenge is to carry it.....i am not sure whether I have that energy...coz I've tried it when its 80% full...wah, really heavy, carry more than a minute I can feel the ache already.....but being a fruit, I must think positively also la and who knows I will lose few kgs becoz of carrying that big stone on my back?? Hehe...

Anyway....will see how... :P

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiasu fruit,

The rules of thumb in backpacking (seriously suggested by Lonely Planet) is to pack, then after packing, reduce 2/3 of your packing. That would then very appropriate.

Also, bring as less cloths as possible because you can buy the cheap T-shirt along your journey. Don't bring make up thing, bring disposable shampoo, soap...

Trust me, the weight of backpack can kill your joy of travel. TRAVEL LIGHT!

From FOX

App|EyEe^ said...

Dear FOX,

Yalar...i know la....thats what i meant by 'challenge' lo....
I will try to less out 1/3 of what is in there..

Btw...really can get cheap t-shirt at euro countries? I doubt that wo...but i guess i will take ur advise la...coz u've been traveling half the globe :P