Saturday 5 July 2008

MIDE 2008

I went Malaysia International Dive Expo a.k.a. MIDE @ PWTC today. Spent almost 5 hours there and i end up with these....

Pelican Dive Torch @ RM155

guess what? I think i only did 6 or 7 night dives max...and this is my 3rd dive torch! 1st dive torch lasted me only 1 1/2 dive. Its an Ikelite torch...dont buy it! 2nd dive torch actually still can be used sometimes...i've dropped it twice...so the housing become bit loose and sometimes it might fail you...so...i have no choice need to look for another primary torch. 2nd torch is an Apollo torch...quality ok la...can buy. I hope my new Pelican dive torch wont disappoints me...

Sport Diving magazine 2 yrs subscription @ RM180

I think this is a real good deal. The subscription package comes with 2 free gifts! An underwater diving torch + surface marker a.k.a. 'sausage'.

Out of the blue...i suddenly got 2 underwater torch now...not bad huh? The sausage is something i would like to buy coz i've lost mine during my last dive trip at Sipadan....that was a brand new sausage and i haven't even launch it b4...haizz...now that when i think back, it really makes me feel sad. The last trip was an expensive one, not only i lost my sausage, i dropped my 'ding ding' a.k.a pointer and its also the trip that my torch became 'sot sot dei' and cannot be rely on.

By the way, i am RM335 poorer today....

3 comments:

FOX said...

Hey, I suddenly realised I don't know how to operate the sausage... and wonder if I will ever bring it down, haha...

App|EyEe^ said...

Fox, practice makes perfect! Frankly i also no idea how to launch it...but i can assure u its messy.. :P

Unknown said...

Ikelite makes good dive torch, I use it as my backup and bring it on countless dives (its my backup so I have it in my BCD even duringday dives) with me already without any problem.

A common problem which happen is the "user" did not attach the cover properly when replacing the battery, hence cause flooding.

So don't say Ikelite make lousy touch :)